3. CONDITION OF VEHICLE:
3.1 UGO Rentals states that to the best of their knowledge and belief that the above vehicle is in sound and safe condition and free of any known defects or faults which would affect its safe operation under normal use.
3.2 The hirer shall ensure that all responsible care is taken in handling and parking the vehicle and that it is left securely locked when not in use. (Note: If hiring a Camper, they are vinyl wrapped which means there is a thin layer of vinyl wrapped over paint and therefore are easily scratched and marked! So extra care must be taken when driving close to trees, bushes, parking close to other cars, inserting the key in driver’s door, moving ladder around etc. (Animals are not permitted in the vehicle at any time and smoking is prohibited).
3.3 If hiring a camper, please note that the height of the car is 2.2 meters off the ground and some carpark height restrictions may be the same or lower and could cause serious damage to the solar panel and rooftop tent if hit and the renter will be liable.
3.4 MECHANICAL REPAIRS AND ACCIDENTS
- Any problems associated with the vehicle including equipment failure must be reported to the owner as soon as possible within 24 hours in order to give the owner the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental period. We do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
- The Automobile Association (AA) is a 24hr roadside assistance. This service helps with many mechanical faults with the vehicle. Please note that the AA does not cover the following and the associated costs will be the responsibility of the hirer;
- The vehicle running out of fuel
- Keys being locked inside the vehicle or lost
- Flat batteries as a result of the lights or keys being left on
- A breakdown as a result of damage caused in an accident
- PHONE AA TOLL-FREE 0800 224 357 (0800 AA HELP) OR FROM MOBILE *222
- The hirer shall ensure that no persons shall interfere with the distance recorder or speedometer, or except in an emergency any part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension system of the vehicle.
- All AA non-mechanical call-outs will incur a call-out charge of NZ$85.
- The AA service operates 24hrs, however, for mechanical repairs outside office hours (including weekends), some delays may occur. The owner will always endeavor to have the car repaired in the shortest time possible.
- Leaving the vehicle at a location due to break down is the responsibility of the renter, and all cost to retrieve the car will be paid by the renter.
4.1 The Renter states that he/she is physically and legally qualified to operate the above vehicle and has the correct license to do so.
5.3 The term of hire shall commence and cease at the time and dates specified (Note: Car charges are on a 24-hour basis). The first hour is free; after the first hour, a full day hire applies. The owner must authorize any rental extension beyond that specified in the rental agreement prior to the return of the vehicle. All extensions are subject to availability and must be requested through our reservations team at least 48 hours prior to the drop off date on the original contract. The owner reserves the right to charge a penalty fee of NZ$500 plus the daily rental rate for anyone in breach of this
6. RENTAL RATE:
6.1 The Renter hereby agrees to pay UGO Rentals in full on time of pick up before rental starts
6.2 All fuel used shall be paid for by the Renter. The vehicle should be returned with a full tank of fuel. If not returned full, the staff member will judge how much is needed to return to full and will charge the renter.
7.1 The rented vehicle shall not be used to carry passengers other than in the interior or cab of the vehicle.
7.2 The rented vehicle shall not be used to push, propel or tow another vehicle, trailer or any other thing without the written permission of UGO Rentals.
7.3 The rented vehicle shall not be used for any race or in any competition.
7.4 The rented vehicle shall not be used for any illegal purpose.
7.5 The Renter shall not operate the vehicle in a negligent manner.
7.6 The rented vehicle shall not be operated by any other person other than the Renter stipulated and without the written permission of UGO Rentals. If the Renter allows any other driver under the age of 18 years old to drive the rented vehicle, the Renter will be fully responsible for all expenses relating to the rental car and any other vehicle involved in any type of accident.
8.1 The Renter hereby agrees that he/she shall be held fully responsible for the first $ deductible in case of an accident. The Renter also agrees that only the vehicle is covered under insurance and the driver or passengers are not covered. The Renter also agrees that personal belongings and other items left in the vehicle at any time are not covered.
- Water submersion or salt-water damage is not covered by any insurance option.
- Continuing to drive if a warning light appears results in the hirer being responsible for all costs incurred.
- Excess options do not cover any damage caused by the use of snow chains and roof racks.
- Excess options do not cover the cost to replace keys which have been lost or the cost of retrieval of keys which have been locked inside a vehicle.
- Personal belongings are not covered. We recommend the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and should take out personal insurance.
- All Excess Reduction is void if the terms of the Rental Agreement are breached. The hirer will be responsible for the total cost of any damage. This will also include any damage caused by willful conduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The vehicle is willfully or recklessly damaged by the hirer or any other person named in the Schedule to this agreement or driving the vehicle under the authorization of the hirer or is lost as the result of the willful or reckless behavior of the hirer or any such person. (Note: Punctures, damage to tires, rims, burning out a clutch and any damage arising from using the vehicle to propel any other vehicle are regarded as willful or reckless damage).
- None of the insurance options cover the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol). The hirer will be responsible for any associated costs.
- The hirer will be responsible for the cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle, which has become bogged, regardless of the insurance options taken.
- If the vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest; insurance is void.
- The hirer is not a body corporate or department of State and the vehicle is driven by any person not named in the Schedule to this agreement.
- The vehicle is driven by any person who at the time when he/she drives the vehicle is disqualified from holding or has never held a driver’s license appropriate for that vehicle.
- The vehicle is operated on any of the following roads: Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), Roads North of Colville Township, Ball Hutt Road (Mt Cook), Skippers Road (Queenstown) and any other beach in New Zealand.
- The vehicle is operated outside of the hire or any agreed extension of that term.
- It is agreed between the owner and the hirer that section 11 of the Insurance Law Reform Act 1977 shall apply with respect to the above exclusions as if this clause constitutes a contract of insurance.
- The hirer acknowledges that he/she shall be liable in respect of the first of the damage or loss referred to in the insurance cover specified in this clause to the amount of the excess shown in the Schedule. This applies to damage or loss resulting from the theft or conversion or attempted theft or conversion of the vehicle.
- The hirer shall not smoke in the car. A maximum penalty of $500, may be given by the owner.
9.1 The Renter further agrees to make a deposit of $1000.00 with UGO Rentals. The deposit will be used, in the event of loss of or damage to the vehicle or equipment during the term of this Car Rental Agreement, to cover any cost of necessary repairs or replacement.
9.2 On the return of the vehicle, if there has been no damage to or loss of the vehicle and/or equipment, the deposit will be fully credited back to the Renter.
(Note that the deposit can take up to 2 weeks to be refunded back to allow any speeding fines or toll road tolls to come through)
10. RETURN OF VEHICLE:
10.1 The Renter hereby agrees to return the above vehicle to the drop off location no later than stated in section 5.0
10.2 All fuel used shall be paid for by the Renter. The vehicle should be returned with a full tank of fuel.
10.3 If renting a Camper, The Renter is responsible for the disposing, and cleaning of the toilet! If returned not empty, washed out and cleaned the renter will be deducted $500 from their deposit.
• Parking must be done in the direction of the road. Parking the car the other way around might get you a ticket or towed.
• Speeding is very expensive in New Zealand. There are a lot of undercover cops on the road, driving in normal cars!
• City parking is usually free after 6 pm & on weekends. Check the signs next to the road for details. Don’t park where yellow lines are to avoid tickets!
• Rules in New Zealand are different than the rest of the world. Please educate yourself, ask one of our staff, because this is your own responsibility.
• Relocation fees are $800 NZD plus possible ferry tickets.
• In case the car breaks down, it may be that you must get the car repaired and your trip could be delayed.
11.BREACH OF CONTRACT
The owner shall have the right to terminate the hire and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the hirer fails to comply with any Terms and Conditions of this agreement or if the vehicle is damaged. The termination of the hire under the authority of this clause shall be without prejudice to the other rights of the owner and the rights of the hirer under this agreement or otherwise.
11.1 The parties consent that this is a legal binding document between the Renter and UGO Rentals Ltd